Applicants must be at least 16 years of age to join Florida Hospital’s volunteer program.
- A minimum six month commitment is required from each volunteer.
- Upon acceptance into our volunteer program, volunteers are sent for a drug screen and TB test paid for by Florida Hospital.
- Background checks are completed on all volunteers and paid for by Florida Hospital.
- Prospective Emergency Department volunteers must provide proof of Hepatitis B vaccinations. The Hepatitis B vaccinations must be completed in it’s entirety before volunteers are able to begin their duties in the Emergency Department.
- Prospective Pediatrics Department volunteers must provide proof of vaccinations for Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Rubeola and Chicken Pox. Volunteers who are not immune will be responsible for obtaining the necessary vaccinations prior to their start date.