PATIENT AND PHYSICIAN EDUCATION
Goal: $100,000 -$350,000
- Fight against the U.S. Preventative Services Task Force to eliminate PSA screenings in men.
- Funding rights/licenses for medical education content focused on prostate health
- Funding patient/family support groups
- Local Prostate Cancer Conference
- Global lectures
- Prevention strategies
Goal: $500,000 -$1M
Since the introduction of prostate-specific antigen (PSA) testing, prostate cancer is being detected and treated earlier, before it can spread to other tissues. The earlier prostate cancer is detected, the more easily it can be treated.
- PSA Kits (average $15ea)
- Locations (US and abroad)
- Medical staff’s time
- Equipment needs
- Lab fees
PROMOTION OF BASIC SCIENCE AND TRANSLATIONAL RESEARCH
$250,000 - $500,000
- Funding the collaboration with the Sanford–Burnham Institute for Medical Research to study the next generation DNA sequencing to enhance the prognostic accuracy of the Gleason scoring method.
- Lab technician
- Research Assistant
- Medical Data Analyst
- Lab fees