Maternity Care for Women
Your Dedicated Women’s Hospital
Each day at The Baby Place at Orlando, we work with a common goal in mind — to ensure patients experience the true joys of labor and delivery. We support this mission with specialized OB/GYN physicians, staff and advanced technologies. We have a defined vision to provide women and babies with the highest standard of care in all areas of obstetrics in a compassionate, family-centered environment.
With the newest fully dedicated women’s hospital in Central Florida, we’re building on our longstanding expertise in women’s healthcare by expanding our advanced and personalized obstetric services. Our Orlando location offers deluxe birthing suites, specially designed with the comfort of mom, baby and family in mind. Rooms come complete with luxurious amenities and access to deluxe concierge services. You also have direct access to a birth experience coordinator, who can help you navigate your entire journey — from pregnancy to birth — at every step.
Florida Hospital For Women at Orlando
State-of-the-Art, 12-story Obstetric Facility
- 14 labor and delivery suites
- Suites will have large air jet tubs or hydrotherapy spa showers
- 13 operating rooms with robotic capabilities
- 48 mother and baby rooms
- 24-bed dedicated high risk unit
- 80-bed highest-level neonatal intensive care unit (Level 3 - NICU)
Specialized Patient Amenities
- Rooms are designed to allow each mother to have constant line of sight to her baby, including when the NICU team is needed to assist with baby.
- Rooms offer solar and black out shades for privacy and lighting, temperature and lighting control, and televisions with connectivity to personal devices for customized sound and entertainment.
- Specially designed linens and patient gowns.
- Concierge services include: spa services, labor and delivery aids, balance balls, toiletries, custom robes and luxury gowns for breastfeeding.
- Rooms offer private refrigerators that can be stocked by our concierge with drinks and snacks.
- Concierge offers extended hour room service from several local restaurants, as well as onsite food options.
- Balcony for high-risk mothers-to-be to spend time enjoying the outdoors.
Amenities: Especially for the Family
- Large family zone with couch that transitions into a bed
- Large storage area for suitcases
- Family waiting area in Labor and Delivery lobby to accommodate extended family and friends
- Concierge meals are available for family from multiple area restaurants and an onsite menu
Experienced in High-Risk Pregnancies
At Florida Hospital for Women, we specialize in both routine and high-risk pregnancies. Patients have access to our specially trained neonatologists and the highest-level NICU. This depth of expertise and advanced technology can make a crucial difference when unforeseen emergencies occur. Our patients also have the benefit of our network of specialists throughout Florida Hospital for Women and Florida Hospital for Children should the need present itself.
Focused on Health Education
The Baby Place at Orlando passionately encourages health and wellness education. This commitment has led to extensive parent education classes on subjects such as breastfeeding, pediatric CPR and more. In addition, new and prospective mothers can take advantage of our Mom’s Store and Breastfeeding Center for a selection of rental items and products to help new mothers breastfeed. Our Mom’s Store is located at 601 E. Rollins Street, Orlando, FL 32803 in the Breastfeeding Center located on the first floor of the Florida Hospital for Women tower.
It’s Time To Meet Your Birth Experience Team
Allow us to introduce our Birth Experience Team at Orlando, Heather Collins and Elizabeth Vail, who are both registered nurses specializing in obstetrics as birth experience coordinators, they use their vast experience in labor and delivery to help each expectant mother create a customized birth plan that meets their unique wishes. They conduct tours of the facilities, customize mothers-to-be birth wishes and helps navigate our parent education classes. A free service, our birth experience coordinators can answer any questions you may have including:
- What to expect when you arrive at the hospital
- What to expect during your labor and your postpartum stay
- What parent education classes are available
- How to pre-register for your delivery
- How to customize your birth experience
- How to take advantage of our concierge services
To speak to our Birth Experience Team at Orlando, please call (407) 303-7341.