On average, a stroke occurs once every 40 seconds. Timely treatment can make or break your recovery. That’s why calling 911 and getting to your nearest emergency room is so critical to your survival. With five designated Primary Stroke Center locations across Volusia and Flagler, chances are your EMS team will head straight for the nearest Florida Hospital emergency department, where specially-trained personnel and stroke specific protocols are in place to offer you the best chance of survival. And with a comprehensive stroke treatment and recovery program, we offer a continuum of care from Primary Stroke Center through rehabilitation and home health. In addition, Florida Hospital Flagler is designated by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration as a stroke treatment facility.
What does this mean for you?
If you’re one of approximately 780,000 Americans who will suffer a stroke this year, designation means:
- “Stroke Alert” priority status – patients receive CT scans, lab tests and neurological examinations within 45 minutes of arrival at Florida Hospital Flagler
- Hospital staff specially trained to recognize and treat stroke
- A streamlined process and standardized protocol for treating stroke patients across all facets of care – from ER to rehabilitation
- Access to the latest life-saving healthcare technologies
- A stroke-care facility close to home.
When a stroke happens, seconds count. Your best chance for a good outcome is to seek medical attention within three hours of symptom onset. A designated stroke treatment facility, Florida Hospital Flagler is here to help you.