Florida Hospital Fish Memorial’s Auxiliary is made up of volunteers who have been an integral part of the hospital since 1994. Auxilians share a common goal of providing aid and comfort to patients and their families. These men and women provide volunteer support and raise funds to benefit the hospital community as a whole.
Auxilians may choose to work the following shifts:
Mornings: 8 am – 12 pm
Afternoons: 12 – 4 pm
Evenings: 4 – 8:00 pm
The Auxiliary’s purpose is threefold:
- To provide compassionate service to patients, hospital staff and the community
- To serve as goodwill ambassadors for the hospital
- To raise funds for the hospital’s equipment and services
To become an active member of the Florida Hospital Fish Memorial Auxiliary, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete an application form and background check
- Be interviewed by the Auxiliary placement chairperson and assigned to a service
- Receive comprehensive training
- Earn a minimum of 60 hours of active duty each year including training, orientation and membership meetings
- Purchase an Auxiliary uniform
- Pay annual dues
Sustaining and life memberships are available upon request.
Opportunities for Services
The Auxiliary has a broad selection of volunteer opportunities to choose from. These varied areas of service allow you to apply your talents, skills and interests to suit your preferences in serving the hospital and the community. Below are areas where Auxiliary members are currently serving:
- Cancer Institute
- Cookie Angel
- Emergency Department
- Employee Health
- Gift Shop
- Human Resources
- Health Information Services
- Information/Reception Desks
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Outpatient Clinic
- Pastoral Care
- Reception Desk
- Surgical Services
Auxiliary Projects and Program
Since 1994, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial’s Auxiliary has played a major role in raising funds for the purchase of equipment and educational materials. Book fairs, uniform and jewelry sales are just a few of the many fundraisers hosted by Auxilians to raise money for the hospital.
Meetings and Awards
Florida Hospital Fish Memorial’s Auxiliary holds three meetings each year. Members are also eligible to attend seminars with the Auxiliary President and other officers. In the past, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial Auxilians have traveled to cities such as Melbourne, Orlando and Jacksonville for seminars. Service pins and awards are presented quarterly to Auxilians for hours of service to the hospital.
- A complimentary meal in the cafeteria per each 4 hour shift
- 10% daily discount at the Gift Shop 25% discount at the Gift Shop during your birthday month
- Volunteer Appreciation Tea held annually
- Volunteer Christmas Luncheon held annually
- Whether serving in one of the patient care areas in the hospital, delivering flowers or staffing the information desk, Auxilians add a special caring touch to our services. Remember, a few hours of your time can make a difference in someone’s life. Volunteering time to help others is not only a wonderful way to support your community, but the weekly activity promotes wellness and a more active lifestyle.
For more information, please call the Auxiliary Office at (386) 917-5070 or (386) 917-5072.