- Fibrocystic breast disease is usually referred to as fibrocystic breast changes since it occurs so often to women.
- About half of all women will have fibrocystic breasts at some point in their lives.
- Doctors do not know why fibrocystic breast disease occurs.
- Symptoms include painful, swollen and lumpy breasts.
- A breast exam, ultrasound, or mammogram can be used to diagnose the condition.
- Many women do not need treatment or only require home-care techniques.
- Fibrocystic breast changes do not increase your risk of breast cancer.
Fibrocystic Breast Disease
Statistics for Fibrocystic Breast Cancer
Women’s services are an important part of our care at Florida Hospital. We help women improve their health, avoid illness and live longer lives. Statistics and facts on fibrocystic breast disease and other conditions affecting women can help inform patients about the basics of common diseases. Early detection is usually the best way to improve treatment success.
These are some of the basic facts you should know: