A rather common condition, statistics on female sexual dysfunction show its widespread affect on American women. With these staggering facts, it’s important to conduct research for better treatments for patients.
See some of these shocking statistics and facts on female sexual dysfunction (FSD) according to the National Institute of Health:
- About 40% of women in America suffer from female sexual dysfunction.
- While erectile dysfunction in men has been extensively researched (phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors), very little has been completed on FSD.
- The majority of research and clinical trials on FSD focuses on psychological causes.
- Sexual function in women involves many different systems in the body, including physical, psychological and hormonal factors.
- Many factors, including physical conditions like diabetes and cardiovascular disease can contribute to FSD.
- Women suffer from sexual dysfunction more than men due to differing perceptions of sexual intercourse.
- FSD can involve reduces sex drive, difficulty becoming aroused, vaginal dryness, lack of orgasm and decreased sexual satisfaction.
Learn more. Contact Florida Hospital today.