By researching endoscopy complications and risk factors, Florida Hospital physicians can get better understanding of the procedure to provide better care for patients.
- Current research includes the following topics:
- Better diagnostics through endoscopy
- Managing and avoiding endoscopy complications
- Combining the endoscopy with other diagnostics, such as ultrasound tests and x-rays
- Earlier detection of cancer
- More tailored endoscopy procedures for patients with age and medical specifications
These are only a few of the topics currently being investigated through research and clinical trials. By developing more accurate testing procedures, our physicians can better avoid endoscopy complications to provide better treatment for patients.