Seizures are the most dangerous of the related conditions of eclampsia. However, there are others that may affect pregnant women, and indicate they are at higher risk.
The most common of these are:
- high blood pressure
- diabetes, kidney disease and rheumatoid arthritis
In addition, a number of related conditions are tied directly to eclampsia through their relationship to preeclampsia.
- excessive protein in the urine
- abnormal platelet count, uric acid and creatinine levels
- blood clotting issues
Related conditions of eclampsia caused by complications it creates include:
- separation of the placenta
- complications for the baby arising from premature delivery
- problems with the blood clotting reducing blood flow to organs