At Florida Hospital Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation, we’re big believers in the ability of therapeutic massage to help our patients recover from their illness or injury. These massages are given in a clinical setting by our professionally trained and licensed staff, and every treatment is tailored to your individual needs.
Not only does massage relax and sooth the body, but it can also greatly benefit overall health and well-being in a number of ways, including by strengthening and toning the body, which prevents unnecessary strains and injuries, and by calming the nervous system, which reduces fatigue and replenishes energy.
Florida Hospital Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation offers seven different types of therapeutic massage:
- Neuromuscular: This is a deep massage dealing with specific areas of the body.
- Deep tissue: Deep tissue massage loosens tension between the layers of connective tissue.
- Trigger point: This is an aggressive massage that releases the tension of trigger points on muscles.
- Myofascial release: This type of massage involves the prolonged stretch of a specific muscle group.
- Relaxation: Relaxation is a therapeutic massage that helps to relieve stress and anxiety.
- Reflexology: This treatment targets hands and feet to help release stress over different regions of the body.
- Mommy Massage: During a normal, healthy pregnancy (after the first trimester), massage can be very beneficial in promoting relaxation, soothing nerves and relieving strained back and leg muscles. Massage not only relaxes the mother, but it also instills a feeling of well-being to the unborn child. During the “Mommy Massage” we will meet any special needs to ensure each individual’s comfort.
For more information about our massage services, or to schedule a therapeutic massage, call us today at (407) 303-8626.