Specializing in medical treatment and rehabilitation for patients with severe physical and mental trauma, Florida Hospital’s Peninsula Rehabilitation Center (PRC) provides expert rehabilitative services at our Ormond Beach location, and for in-patients staying at Florida Hospital Deland. Our team of rehabilitation specialists is equipped with specific training and experience to achieve better results for patients. We help them achieve a better functional independence and mobility faster so patients return home sooner.
Working toward the Florida Hospital mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ to our community, our rehabilitative specialists are dedicated to providing high-quality care in a compassionate, comforting environment. We work to heal the physical injury, and also the patient’s whole being—including mind, body and spirit.
Get the highest standard of care at PRC.
Our inpatient rehabilitation facility provides comprehensive rehabilitative services to patients under medical supervision. Our individualized care gives patients the support they need to reach goals faster, and our team is available 24/7 to ensure quality care is given when needed. These are a few key features that differentiates our rehab services from other facilities’ services:
- Patients receive a minimum of 15 hours of therapy each week
- Our team consists of specialists, doctors, nurses, physical therapists and physiatrists to treat the whole patient.
- Our nurse to patient ratio is one to six
- Our average length of stay is only 13 days
- We provide 24/7 cardiopulmonary and telemetry services
- 24/7 medical services.
State-of-the-Art Rehabilitative Services
Our team completes specialized training to ensure a high quality of care, including specialists in orthopedics, spinal cord injury, brain injury, geriatrics and neurology. With this specialized training, we offer the most advanced therapy available, including these common therapies.
- Post-operative physical therapy
- Treatment for orthopedic injuries
- Bed mobility training
- Balance training
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Transfer training
- Electrical stimulation
- Gait training
- Adaptive equipment training
- Fall prevention
- Pulmonary/cardiac rehabilitation
- Bioness H200 & L300 – functional electrical stimulation (FES) to activate nerves that control muscles in hands/legs
In addition to standard therapy sessions, our team continues to develop innovative rehabilitation programs to improve our patients’ lives:
- LiteGait® - a gait training device helps patients with a wide range of functional levels by helping them coordinate lower extremity movement.
- Balance Master – encourages better balance control more quickly for patients. Each session is tailored to meet patient’s capabilities and can be adjusted as patients improve.
- Wii Therapy – also known as “Wii-habilitation,” therapists use the popular video game to improve strength, balance, endurance and motor coordination. It also helps distract from the pain and hard work.
Occupational Therapy at Peninsula Rehabilitation Center
Our occupational therapists help patients develop and strengthen muscles needed for everyday activities, including dressing, eating, bathing, using the restroom, cooking, shopping and banking. The goal is to achieve the highest level of independence possible. Occupational therapy rehabilitative services include:
- Sensory stimulation
- Cognitive, perceptual and motor training
- Neurological rehab
- Therapeutic exercise for strengthening
- Task skills
- Kitchen skills/safety
- Home exercise plans
- Adaptive equipment training
- Home safety recommendations
Our ADL Suite provides a home-like setting for training in homemaking skills. The suite includes a functional kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, bedroom and closet.
Trained in providing evaluating and treating a wide range of speech and swallowing disorders, our speech/language pathologists use these advanced techniques with patients for maximum results:
- VitalStim®– Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation Therapy treats dysphasia (difficulty swallowing) by safely retraining the muscles, especially in patients who had a stroke or suffer from multiple sclerosis.
- Modified Barium Swallow Studies (MBS) – For patients with difficulty swallowing (dysphasia), therapists use various forms of barium, a substance that can be seen on x-rays, to watch patients’ eating habits.
- Prologuo2go Augmentative Communication Device (Prologuo2Go™) – This product provides a full-featured communication solution for people with difficulty speaking
Neuropsychology Rehabilitative Services
This subset of psychology focuses on how injuries in the brain change patients’ thinking and behavior. Once identified, our specialist can then treat the changes. These changes oftentimes include emotional and adjustment changes in patients with injuries.
As part of our comprehensive treatment, patients receive individualized recreational plans and goals based on their needs and abilities. This helps patients improve physical, mental, emotional and social function with leisure activities to enhance independence.
Recreational therapy can include:
- Community outings and re-entry
- Gardening activities
- Computer activities
- Arts and crafts
- Sports and games
- Theme events
Peninsula Rehabilitation Center’s Accreditation
Our staff works tirelessly to provide patients high quality care, and our patients aren’t the only ones who notice. We are proud to say our dedication to excellence has been accredited by these prestigious organizations:
The Joint Commission, an independent, not-for-profit organization that accredits health organizations in the US, recognizes PRC as a high quality organization dedicated to safe and effective care.
Another independent, not-for-profit accrediting body, The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), accredited PRC for Comprehensive Rehabilitation and Stroke Specialty. It’s our commitment to improving service quality and our patient’s satisfaction that proves our business practices meet CARF’s high standards of excellence.
For more information our services, accreditation or facility, please call us at 386-671-5080 or contact us online today .