When you need prompt access to blood work and timely results for your doctor, the in-house laboratory at Florida Hospital Dade City can help. Our laboratory is accredited by The Joint Commission and our dedicated team delivers quick, accurate results so your doctor can diagnose and provide a timely plan of treatment.
Examples of services our laboratory performs include:
- Bacteria and viral cultures
- Blood bank services
- Blood draws and type testing
- Blood glucose analysis (A1C)
- Cardiac enzyme studies
- Complete blood count analysis (CBC)
- Coumadin checks
- Lipid panels (cholesterol) screening
- Metabolic panels
- Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) for prostate cancer screening
- Pregnancy tests
- Strep throat and flu screening
- Thyroid tests
All lab tests require a physician's prescription.
Scheduling Your Service
No appointment is necessary for outpatient lab testing. Preferred hours are 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, seven days per week. However, our lab is open 24/7 to meet your walk-in needs. Registration is required at outpatient registration in the hospital's main lobby Monday through Friday. On weekends and after hours, please register with the staff in our Emergency Room.