When you need surgery, it can be a stressful and emotional time for you and your loved ones. At Florida Hospital Dade City, we provide comprehensive surgical care, advanced technology and knowledgeable and experienced surgeons.
Our advanced surgical suite features five operating rooms for inpatient and outpatient services. Our team of surgeons includes specialists from various areas, including general, colorectal, orthopedic, thoracic, gynecologic, urological and vascular surgery. Our surgeons are leaders in incisionless, minimally invasive (MIS), single incision and laparoscopic techniques. Our minimally-invasive procedures include:
- Single-incision laparoscopic surgery (SILS)
- Reproductive medicine/Urogynecology
- Cholecystectomy (gallbladder)
- Hernia repair
Same Day Surgery
Same day surgery is also available for patients needing outpatient services such as breast biopsy, laparoscopic gallbladder, shoulder arthroscopy, cystoscopy, carpal tunnel release, hemorrhoidectomy, lap-hernia and lithotripsy. Waiting family members receive a remote pager that gives them the flexibility to move about the hospital without losing contact with our surgical staff.
Your doctor may utilize endoscopy to visualize various areas inside your body using an endoscope, which is a thin, flexible tube fitted with a light and camera. A number of endoscopic procedures are used to examine and treat certain conditions including:
- Arthroscopy visualizes inside the joints
- Bronchoscopy examines the airways and lungs
- Colonoscopy examines the large intestine and rectum
- Cystoscopy views the inside of the bladder
- Enteroscopy studies the small intestine
- Laparoscopy explores the abdomen or pelvis
- Sigmoidoscopy assesses the lower part of the colon
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy (EGD) examines the esophagus, stomach and first part of the small intestine, also known as the duodenum
For additional information about endoscopy services, please contact a member of our endoscopy team by calling (352) 521-1108.