Florida Hospital at Connerton Long Term Acute Care provides a comprehensive range of services to treat patients whose medically complex conditions require a longer stay. Our specially trained staff works to deliver expert care, helping each patient progress toward the next stage of their recovery.
Our specialized medical care includes:
- Ventilator weaning
- Complex respiratory conditions
- Infectious diseases
- Complex wound care
- Heart failure
- Medically complex conditions
- Neurological disorders
- Post-trauma care
- Renal disorders
- Bariatric care
- Surgical complications
Services offered at Florida Hospital at Connerton Long Term Acute Care include:
- Nursing Units: Our nursing units are specially designed for long-term patients, including a critical care unit and two medical/surgical units.
- Radiology/Imaging: Our inpatient radiology services allow us to quickly take and interpret diagnostic imaging such as X-ray or ultrasound scans.
- Surgical Suite: Our fully equipped operating room is available for minor inpatient procedures.
- Laboratory: We have a dedicated laboratory on-site for quicker test results.
- Pharmacy: Our full-service inpatient Pharmacy dispenses medications ordered by a patient's physician.
- Respiratory Services: Our Level 5 Respiratory Therapists are experts in critical care ventilator support as well as ventilator weaning and acute care respiratory therapy.
- Therapy Services: Our on-site therapy services include physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and nutritional therapy to rehabilitate patients to point where they can be safely discharged.
- Medical Nutrition Services: Proper nutrition plays an important part in wellness and recovery. Our on-site Medical Nutrition Therapist can develop nutritious meals for patients based on the physician’s recommendations.
- Case Management: Each patient is assigned a Case Manager, who assists with discharge planning and special service needs, such as home health care or medical equipment. Case Managers also maintain contact with insurance companies regarding care and are available to answer any questions about coverage.