Education is the first step to preventing STDs. Learning the statistics and facts on chlamydia infection can help patients prevent the condition and identify the symptoms. Learn the facts below and speak to a doctor for more information:
- Chlamydia infection is one of the most common sexually transmitted disease in the United States.
- Chlamydia can be contracted through vaginal and anal sexual intercourse.
- More than 70% of women do not experience symptoms and more than 25% of men.
- If left untreated, chlamydia can cause pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), infertility, pain and more.
- Risk factors include patients with multiple sexual partners.