A helping hand when your baby needs one.
Florida Hospital for Children provides patients and families with an extraordinary neonatal care network through a world-class team of physicians, surgeons, nurses and support staff in extraordinary facilities throughout Central Florida. Our Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICUs) combine state-of-the art technology, soothing baby-friendly environments and a comprehensive range of specialty services to provide the highest level of care to our tiniest patients.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICU)
- Florida Hospital for Children is the first hospital system in the nation to use the Draeger Babyleo TN500 IncuWarmer. TheBabyleo offers groundbreaking technology to regulate body heat, maximize efficiency for clinical staff, and allows better bonding between parents and their babies.
- Level III (Orlando) NICU offering the highest level of care available to neonatal babies
- Integrated team of specialists who provide comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic services, from minimally invasive surgery to highly complex, leading-edge care and procedures
- State-of-the-art programs and services, including nitric oxide therapy, hypothermia management and surfactant therapy
- An advanced neonatal respiratory program to prevent and aggressively manage severe respiratory diseases in pre-term, as well as full-term, high-risk infants
- Expert assistance in parent education, including CPR training, certified lactation consultants, screening specialists and developmental follow-up
- Innovative rehabilitation services that include physical therapy, occupation therapy, speech therapy, as well as music therapy that encourages babies to feed regularly without use of feeding tubes
- Developmental care that focuses on positioning, comfort and feeding assessments to provide each baby with their own plan for success
Over 150 Beds in Our Neonatal Care Network
- Florida Hospital Altamonte – Level II
601 East Altamonte Drive
Altamonte Springs, Florida 32701
- Florida Hospital Celebration Health – Level II
400 Celebration Place
Celebration, Florida 34747
- Florida Hospital for Children (Orlando) – Level III
601 E Rollins St
Orlando, FL 32803
- Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center (Daytona) – Level II
301 Memorial Medical Pkwy
Daytona Beach, FL 32117
- Winter Park Memorial Hospital – Level II
200 N. Lakemont Ave
Winter Park, Florida 32792
DEDICATED NEONATAL TRANSPORT
If your child is delivered at another hospital and requires our services, a team of specially trained registered nurses and respiratory therapists is dispatched to accompany your child along the way to a Florida Hospital for Children NICU. The care provided en route is identical to that of our NICU, as the transport team is in constant communication with us before, during and after transport by ambulance or Florida Flight I, our emergency air-medical transport service.