As with any surgical procedure, there are risks associated with cesarean sections. Even when a c-section is planned, it can require extensive monitoring as well as these complications:
- Pain in the incision
- Needing blood transfusions
- Contracting infection postpartum (for example: urinary tract infection
- Internal uterine scarring
- Blockage of the intestines or a bladder injury
- Delayed return of bowel function
- Blood clots
It’s important to understand the side effects of cesarean section before making your choice to have the surgery or not. Speaking with a doctor at Florida Hospital will help you understand this procedure and how it may affect you and your baby.
To speak with our specialists, request an appointment online today.