The volunteers at Florida Hospital Carrollwood play an integral role in our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ to our community, and we greatly value their contribution. Donating a few hours of your time each week provides a wonderful way to become involved in your community while promoting wellness in your own life. Our Volunteer Services Department offers a number of flexible and rewarding volunteer opportunities.
Most volunteer opportunities require four hours a week, and we ask for a six-month commitment. Our volunteer service areas include:
- Lobby host
- Emergency Department
- Waiting rooms
- Surgical Waiting Room
- Administrative Support
- Patient care areas
Benefits of being a volunteer:
- Complimentary meal with each four-hour shift
- Complimentary initial and annual Tuberculosis (TB) tests
- Complimentary flu shots
- Broadening your skills and knowledge
- Expanding your resume
- Opportunity to touch the lives of others
- Exploration of career opportunities
Steps to volunteer:
- Complete online application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. ALL fields are required. Minimum age is 16.
- Interview - Volunteer Services to call the applicant to schedule if the applicant meets requirements.
- Background check (18 years and older).
- Employee Health (urine drug screen, TB test, immunization records).
- Issue Assignment, start date, shirt and badge.
- Flu Vaccine is required annually (October thru March) and is provided free of charge through Employee Health. 18 years or older.
- All testing/reading must be completed before clearance is granted. Clearance is needed to be eligible to attend Volunteer Orientation.
We welcome anyone who wants to be a volunteer at Florida Hospital Carrollwood; we have programs for adult, college student, and teen volunteers, which may suit your desired work schedule and volunteer timeframe.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at Florida Hospital Carrollwood, please click here to submit an application. For more information on becoming a volunteer at Florida Hospital Carrollwood, call our Human Resources Department at (813) 615-7200, extension 88723, or email CARHumanResources@ahss.org. We’ll send you an application and schedule an appointment for a personal interview.