The following are the most common symptoms for carpal tunnel syndrome. However, each individual may experience symptoms differently. Symptoms may include:
- Weakness when gripping objects with the hand(s)
- Pain and/or numbness in the hand(s)
- "Pins and needles" feeling in the fingers
- Swollen feeling in the fingers
- Burning or tingling in the fingers, especially the thumb and the index and middle fingers
- Pain and/or numbness that is worse at night, interrupting sleep
The symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome may resemble other medical conditions or problems. Always consult your doctor for a diagnosis.