Florida Hospital, a 2,247-bed acute-care medical facility, is a member of Adventist Health System. We serve as a community hospital for Greater Orlando and as a major tertiary referral hospital for Central Florida and much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and Latin America.
Florida Hospital Orlando is a system of 8 hospitals in the Central Florida area which operate under one license. The hospitals which are included in the Florida Hospital Orlando group are FH Altamonte, FH Apopka, FH Celebration Health, FH East Orlando, FH Kissimmee, Winter Park Memorial, FH Orlando, and Florida Children’s Hospital.
Current Facts and Statistics
Adventist Health System operates 44 hospitals in ten states making it the largest not-for-profit protestant health care system in the United States. Our annual statistics include:
- Treats more patients than any other hospital in the US
- Largest Family Medicine Residency in Florida
- Treats more cardiology, neurology and vascular surgery inpatients than any other nationally recognized hospital
- Treats more cancer patients than any hospital in Florida
- Serves more patients each year than any hospital in Florida
- Number of inpatients: 122,729
- Number of outpatients: 500,320
- Number of emergency cases: 407,439
- Number of new born deliveries: 9,232
- Number of surgeries: 64,552
- Number of licensed beds: 2,247
- Number of critical care beds (Includes ICU, CCU, CVICU, PCU, PICU, and NICU): 1,329
- Number of staff physicians: 2,230
- Number of employees: 17,600
- Number of walk-in medical facilities: 21
- Number of Centra Care visits: 336,383
- Number of outpatient rehabilitation and imaging facilities: 16
Florida Hospital has been certified by DNV Healthcare Inc. to be in compliance with the requirements of the NIAHO Hospital Accreditation Program. Pursuant to the authority granted to Det Norske Veritas Healthcare, Inc. by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, this organization is deemed in compliance with the Medicare Conditions of Participation for Hospitals (42 C.F.R §482).