Where Heart Failure Becomes Heart Success
For patients diagnosed with heart failure, the Heart Success Center at Florida Hospital delivers coordinated, evidence-based, effective care that ensures a safe transition from hospital to community.
According to Medicare, 25 percent of patients nationwide who are hospitalized with heart failure are readmitted within 30 days. The Heart Success Center’s goal is to keep people in their communities and out of the hospital. To achieve this, our multidisciplinary team utilizes evidence-based practices intended to keep patients healthy longer. Working with the patient’s primary care physician or cardiologist, our services are provided as a supplement to the patient’s care plan.
*Source: CMS 2012
The medical director of the clinic, a cardiologist specializing in heart failure, leads our multidisciplinary team and manages patient care with the assistance of advanced registered nurse practitioners (ARNPs). They work in conjunction with a pharmacist, dietician, social worker, palliative care providers and transitional care registered nurses – all in one location.
Additionally, the team collaborates with the Florida Hospital Transplant Institute to provide heart-transplant services.
- ARNP: Patient care will be managed by an ARNP, who has advanced training in cardiology and heart failure.
- Pharmacist: Our staff pharmacist will help patients manage their disease through education and medication management.
- Registered licensed dietician: The dietician provides nutritional services, including dietary education for disease management, personalized meal plans and feedback to help patients succeed.
- Social worker: A social worker is available to assist qualified patients with coordination of care and navigating any obstacles they encounter within the health care system. They also coordinate post-clinic care, including home health care, meal options, financial assistance, access to health care services, transportation, and social and family support.
- Transitional-care registered nurses: These nurses assist in the transition from hospital to home through inpatient education, coordinating care and calling patients at home to answer questions and offer support.
Advanced Care Planning
We offer patients and their families the support they need to manage the progressive nature of heart failure, including symptom management and end-of-life care.
Validated parking is available for patients who use Florida Hospital garages or valet services.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
To learn more or to schedule an appointment, call (407) 303-5860. Urgent-care visits are available during normal business hours.