Statistics for Brain Tumor
Some Facts about Brain Tumors
- an estimated 359,000 people in the U.S. have been diagnosed with a primary brain tumor or tumor of the central nervous system
- each year in the U.S. more than 195,000 people are diagnosed with a brain tumor
- about 3,200 people under the age of 20 are diagnosed with a central nervous system tumor each year
- men have a higher incidence of brain tumor (7.7 per 100,000) than women (5.4 per 100,000)
- in 2012 an estimated 23,000 cases of malignant tumor will be diagnosed in the U.S.
- brain tumors are expected to cause the death of about 14,000 in the U.S. in 2012
Locations for Brain Tumor
Was this page helpful?
We're sorry to hear that.