When a child is diagnosed with cancer, their family’s world stops, but mouths still need to be fed and bills still need to be paid. On September 19, Florida Hospital for Children’s Day of Giving will help meet urgent needs for these families. This is your chance to support families in our community battling childhood cancer. Help families in Central Florida focus on what truly matters: fighting their child’s cancer.
Tune into iHeart Media's Magic 107.7FM on September 19 from 5:30 to 10:00am for our live radio remote from Florida Hospital for Children. Call (407) 303-5900 to chat with local celebrities—like Orlando Magic Ambassador and former Orlando Magic player Bo Outlaw, social media icon LeJuan James and 4Rivers Smokehouse owner and chef John Rivers.
Your generosity provides real help right when it's needed through the Pediatric Oncology Assistance Fund at Florida Hospital Foundation. For example:
- $35 Can provide a tank of gas for a parent to drive their child to weekly oncology appointments.
- $80 Can deliver toiletries and basic necessities to families during their child’s hospital stay.
- $150 Can cover the cost of a family’s monthly utility bill.
- $250 Can buy a family groceries for a month while their child is receiving life-saving treatments.
- $500 Can assist with car repairs so a family can ensure their child continues the care they need.
- $1,000 Can relieve a rent payment for a parent who can’t work because they are at their child’s bedside 24/7.