Our mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ to patients, visitors and staff within our hospital and our community in the City of Apopka. This means earning the trust that our community has placed in us by providing superior healthcare in a compassionate, patient-centered environment. We are dedicated to improving the lives of our neighbors—mind, body and spirit; becoming and remaining the hospital of choice for patients, physicians and employees.
Since 1975, the doctors, nurses and staff members at Florida Hospital Apopka have used the acronym CREATION Health as their guiding principle in caring for patients:
- CHOICE is the first step toward improved health; healthy choices create a healthier life.
- REST refers to a good night’s sleep and relaxation, both of which are essential to well-being.
- ENVIRONMENT exists outside our bodies yet affects what takes place inside; it is essential to create an environment that promotes health.
- ACTIVITY includes stretching, aerobics and muscle development.
- TRUST in a higher power refers to the vital relationship between spirituality and healing.
- INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS nurture our mind and spirit, and help heal our bodies as well.
- OUTLOOK informs our perspective, influences our health and influences the progression of disease.
- NUTRITION fuels our bodies’ system.