Pregnancy, labor and delivery are different at Florida Hospital Altamonte. From the moment you find out you’re pregnant, our obstetrics team works to customize a positive, memorable experience for you and your family.
The Baby Place at Florida Hospital Altamonte features state-of-the-art imaging technology and medical equipment. We also offer educational classes and tours to help parents prepare for labor. Our maternity unit features amenities often found in birth centers and is the only one of it’s kind located in the hospital. This special unit allows mothers to customize her labor and delivery experience. The choice is yours to make.
From the moment you find out you’re pregnant to well after your delivery, Florida Hospital Altamonte’s birth coordinator works as your private consultant. The personable medical professional answers questions, assist during pregnancy, help plan your labor and delivery, and connect you with the resources you need during and after pregnancy. Our staff of highly trained and certified obstetrics nurses has years of experience providing exceptional care to each of our families.
During labor and delivery, our birthing services provide helpful support that allows you and your family to enjoy this special time. These are just some of the services available:
- Mobile fetal monitoring – state-of-the-art fetal monitoring that give you the freedom to walk around while in labor
- Skin-to-Skin – we foster bonding time between mothers and fathers and baby through skin-to-skin contact immediately
- Daddy trays – fathers are important too! We provide meals for mom and dad.
- Jacuzzi tubs for relaxation
- Midwife presence and continuity of nursing care – you can customize your birth experience and have a personal relationship with your nurse.
- Lactation consultants – these experts visit each patient, breastfeeding and non-breastfeeding mothers
- Relaxation aids and comfort labor equipment – balls, music and more are available for patients.
- Personalized rooms – stocked with a refrigerator, upgraded sheets and a large screen TV
- Baby Photos – these professional photos can be taken with natural lighting in your room any day of the week.
- Milky Way Café – a support group for moms and babies
Along with these impressive services, our exceptional care is perhaps the most important reason to choose The Baby Place at Florida Hospital Altamonte for your labor and delivery. We have a low 57 percent epidural rate, nearly 20 percent lower than the historical average, and our C-section rate in 2012 was 33.5 percent. This is well below the national average of above 40 percent.
Find out more about the services we offer. Tour The Baby Place at Florida Hospital Altamonte today.