General surgery at Florida Hospital Altamonte gives our community access to cutting-edge surgical services and the some of the most experienced surgical specialists in Central Florida. In fact, we are one of the only facilities in Central Florida to offer advanced, less- and minimally-invasive surgical procedures, including:
- Endoscopic general surgery
- Laparoscopic procedures
- Robotic surgical options (using the da Vinci® Surgical System)
- Single-site general surgery
Minimally invasive procedures are often used for conditions that were previously inoperable. Using advanced technology, surgical specialists can perform procedures with increased precision, reduced trauma to the body, smaller incisions, less pain and shorter hospital stays. Some of the conditions we are able to treat with minimally-invasive surgery include:
- GERD (treated with Nissen fundoplication)
- Digestive disorders
- Gallbladder conditions (Cholecystectomy)
- Breast cancer and other malignancies
- Appendicitis (Appendectomy)
- Thyroid disorders
- Melanoma and other benign skin lesions
Along with these cutting edge treatments, our team is dedicated to treating every aspect of our patient’s health—mind, body and spirit. That means you can expect our same level of compassionate care and expertise to improve healing and comfort.
Ask your doctor if your condition qualifies you for a minimally invasive or robotic surgery procedure or schedule an appointment today to speak with us.