Florida Hospital is better equipped than ever for the fight against cancer with advanced, new treatment options and expanded facilities that are closer to home and Our world-renowned physicians and nurse navigators are also ready to provide exceptional cancer care when you need it most. Look for these additional services at our Altamonte, Celebration and Orlando locations starting in mid-2018 and into 2019.
Florida Hospital Altamonte
With the addition of the new TrueBeam system, we are now able to treat more patients than ever before. This advanced radiation therapy can be used in a wide range of cancer types — including head and neck, lung, breast, prostate and liver — while providing comprehensive, effective and evidence-base care. Additional enhancements include:
- Optical surface monitoring system (OSMS). This system allows a more precise delivery of radiation doses and monitors the patient’s movement to ensure the treatment targets the cancerous tumor versus the surrounding healthy areas.
- Prone breast board. This radiation-treatment bed provides a more accurate dosage of radiation and reduces exposure to other nearby organs – especially the heart - in breast patients. The board is also designed to fit the female anatomy to provide better treatment for breast-cancer patients.
- 64 -Slice CT scanner. This advanced scanner provides physicians and technicians the ability for more precise planning that leads to better outcomes.
- Florida Hospital Celebration Health
Our new Infusion Suites — opening in September 2018 — will provide advanced chemotherapy services not previously available at Florida Hospital Celebration Health, with private rooms in a soothing environment.
A comprehensive Cancer Center will open in early 2019 at Celebration, making it the only facility of its kind in the region. The center will offer the expertise of sub-specialized medical oncologists, surgical oncologists and radiation oncologists while providing the latest in cancer-treatment options.
Florida Hospital Orlando
Brachytherapy Suites will open at Florida Hospital Orlando during September 2018, making it the only dedicated facility in Central Florida for this type of treatment. The advanced therapy delivers focused radiation directly to the tumor, reducing overall exposure to surrounding organs and providing treatment in less time than traditional methods — completed in as little as two visits over two days.
This technique directly targets radiation to shrink tumors. Brachytherapy is sometimes referred to as “internal radiotherapy.” Benefits include:
- Less radiation exposure to surrounding healthy tissue
- Less treatment time than traditional radiation therapies — as few as two visits compared to six weeks with traditional treatment
- Shorter recovery times
To learn more about how we’re expanding our fight against cancer, please contact a nurse navigator at (407)-303-1700.