Comprehensive Breast Cancer Care from the Experts You Trust
The Multidisciplinary Breast Cancer Clinic is committed to providing patients with the highest quality of care. That’s why we evaluate breast cancer patients in a comprehensive, single-day setting, helping to decrease the time between diagnosis and treatment. During appointments, patients will meet with their care team — including a medical oncologist, breast surgeon and radiation oncologist — who will discuss an appropriate course of treatment and answer any questions.
Benefits of Our Team Approach
Each patient’s condition is reviewed by our team of experts prior to their visit in order to optimize their plan of care. Additional appointments for imaging, labs or ancillary services such as plastic surgery will be discussed with the patient and scheduled as needed. Benefits of our unique, multidisciplinary approach include:
- Multiple cancer specialists focused on your individual diagnosis.
- Patients have the opportunity to ask questions about their diagnosis.
- Patients receive their customized treatment plan during a single visit.
- Patients receive a same-day consultation with multiple cancer specialists.
Dedicated Breast Cancer Specialists
Our team of breast-cancer specialists works together to develop the best treatment plan for your individual condition.
- Medical Oncology: A medical oncologist is a doctor who has special training in diagnosing and treating cancer using chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, biological therapy and targeted therapy. Often the main healthcare provider for cancer patients, a medical oncologist can provide supportive care and may coordinate treatment given by other specialists.
- Radiation Oncology: A radiation oncologist is a doctor that uses high-energy rays such as X-rays to kill cancer cells or shrink tumors. For breast cancer, radiation is often used to eradicate any cancer cells that remain in the breast, chest wall and/or lymph nodes after surgery. We utilize the latest technologies and techniques to deliver radiation therapy accurately and precisely, while also protecting the surrounding healthy tissue such as your lung and heart. Our breast sub-specialist will provide you with a detailed explanation of all your treatment options and our radiation therapy team will guide you through each step of the treatment process.
- Breast Surgery: Our breast cancer surgeons specialize in the surgical management of breast cancers. We perform some of the most advanced, techniques available to help diagnose, treat and prevent breast cancer. Areas of focus include breast conservation, sentinel lymph node biopsy, oncoplastic rearrangement and nipple sparing mastectomy. We also offer surgical pain-management plans and coordinated reconstructive surgery options.
Your Care Team
Martin Dietrich, MD - Board-Certified Medical Oncologist
Catherine Hwang, MD - Board-Certified Radiation Oncologist
Devina McCray, MD - Board-Certified Surgeon
Lisa Minton, MD - Board-Certified Surgeon
To request an appointment, please call our clinic at (407)-303-2100.