The best acid reflux remedies and prevention techniques mirror the management of symptoms. Lifestyle changes can stop heartburn and prevent a chronic condition.
Make these lifestyle changes to prevent acid reflux:
- Change your diet for acid reflux prevention. Eat a low-fat, high-fiber diet with plenty of whole grains and low-calorie snacks. Avoid caffeine, chocolate, alcohol and tobacco.
- Avoid taking aspirin and other medication, but speak with your doctor before stopping your current regiment. When taking medication of any type, drink plenty of water.
- Quit smoking.
- Exercise lightly five times per week to maintain a reasonable weight.
- Don’t eat less than three hours before going to sleep.
- Sometimes, changing the position you sleep in can also help.
Find out more about how to prevent the painful symptoms of acid reflux. Speak with a Florida Hospital specialist today.