The Florida Hospital Cancer Institute is a Center of Excellence that offers a continuum of services, ranging from state- of-the-art detection, prevention, treatment and research.
- Accredited as a Community Comprehensive Cancer Center by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- Participates in more than 100 clinical trials annually in partnership with the National Cancer Institute’s Community Clinical Oncology Program’s (CCOP) grant
- Active in hundreds of clinical trials annually, studying new therapies for cancer and blood disorders in adult and pediatric patients
- Radiation Oncology Center provides the most technologically advanced options currently available in radiotherapy
- The Florida Center for Cellular Therapy is the first and only combined adult and pediatric bone marrow transplant program in Orlando
- The Bone Marrow Transplant Program at Florida Hospital is the first and only combined adult and pediatric bone marrow transplant program in Orlando
Florida Hospital for Children
A destination for pediatric health and healing, the Walt Disney Pavilion at Florida Hospital for Children is the only hospital in the United States to carry the Disney name. Our seven-story tower was designed to be a comforting, nurturing and immersive environment that helps to ease the stress and anxiety associated with a hospital stay.
- More than 23 pediatric specialty surgeons performing complex operations in a safe and child-friendly environment
- Comprehensive pediatric cardiology program
- Destination pediatric neuroscience program with a Level 4 Epilepsy Center, the highest ranking recognized by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers
- Highest level of Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) care with private, family-centered rooms
- Child Life Team of specially trained therapists help children during their hospital stay through education and play
Florida Hospital Women’s Services
Florida Hospital’s commitment to women’s services spans across Central Florida with three new buildings, additional services, world-class physicians and an innovative health and wellness platform to provide women with tools to live longer, healthier lives.
Florida Hospital for Women
Florida Hospital for Women at Florida Hospital Orlando introduces a whole new era of high-tech, high-touch care for women. The 12-story, 322-bed tower will offer a comprehensive health experience for women across all life stages. World-class services for health and healing will be offered in three major areas: pregnancy care, well-women care and specialty care. This new hospital will feature some of the area’s most advanced technology to deliver unique, woman-centric health care in a hotel-like setting.
The Florida Hospital Cardiovascular Institute has been a national leader in the fight against heart disease since 1967. From the most common heart exams to extremely rare procedures, research and clinical trials, Florida Hospital is truly a global leader in the advancement of cardiovascular care.
- Each year, our world-renowned, board-certified and professional team treats more heart and vascular patients than any other hospital in the nation
- More than 75,000 cardiovascular-related visits per year
- Ranked 12th in the nation and first in Florida for the number of open heart surgeries performed
- Ranked first in the nation for the number of Medicare cardiology patients treated and first in the state of Florida
- Cardiac rehabilitation program certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR)
The Florida Hospital Diabetes Institute is a national leader in diabetes care and patient education. This Center of Excellence is committed to helping people with diabetes and their families lead healthy, productive and enjoyable lives.
- Consultative services by our team of board-certified endocrinologists and providers for types 1 and 2 diabetes management
- Nationally recognized diabetes education programs that meet the standards for diabetes self-management education
With broad expertise and advanced treatment options, the Florida Hospital Neuroscience Institute treats more neurology patients than any other hospital system in the country. The Neuroscience Institute is staffed by a multidisciplinary team of physicians who are researching and practicing cutting-edge and minimally invasive treatments for brain and spine disorders, stroke, sleep disorders and many other conditions. From research to detection and treatment to rehabilitation, the Neuroscience Institute is dedicated to achieving superior patient outcomes in a compassionate environment of care that exceeds the expectations of our patients and their families.
- The Neuroscience Institute’s Brain Attack Center, developed in 2001, is a comprehensive stroke network offering a full continuum of care
- One of the largest minimally invasive brain and spine surgery programs in the nation
- Certified in Gamma Knife® radiosurgery
- Features comprehensive Parkinson’s Outreach Center
- Houses both an intraoperative 3-Tesla MRI and 40-slice CT
Since 1936, state-of the-art procedures and friendly, compassionate care have been the hallmark of Florida Hospital’s orthopaedic services. Renowned for progressive medical programs and innovative approaches to new ideas, this Center of Excellence specializes in the research, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
- Florida Hospital treats more orthopaedic surgical cases than any other hospital in Florida and second most in the nation
- Named one of the top hospitals in the country for hip and knee replacements by the AARP’s Modern Maturity
Florida Hospital Global Robotics Institute
The Florida Hospital Global Robotics Institute was established in 2008 by Medical Director Vipul Patel, MD, FACS, the world-renowned leader in robotic-assisted prostate surgery. His vision was to recruit multispecialty surgical leaders from around the globe. The Global Robotics Institute unites top surgeons and state-of-the-art facilities with cutting-edge robotic technology.
- Leader in robotic-assisted surgery for urology, gynecology, general surgery, thoracic, and head and neck
- Patient benefits include smaller incisions, less blood loss, less pain and scarring and quicker recovery times
- Magnified three-dimensional visualization provides surgeons with improved access to organs and tissues
Florida Hospital Transplant Institute
Founded in 1973, the Florida Hospital Transplant Institute is the only multi-organ transplant program in Central Florida. The institute has performed more than 3,800 transplants, making it one of the busiest transplant centers in the nation, all while consistently being ranked above the national average in clinical outcomes. This advanced, fully comprehensive program offers individualized pre- and post-transplant evaluations; ongoing patient education; and assistance from a dedicated team that includes physicians, nurse practitioners, transplant coordinators, clinical social workers, pharmacists, dietitians and financial coordinators.
Translational Research Institute for Metabolism and Diabetes
The Translational Research Institute for Metabolism and Diabetes is an innovative affiliation between Florida Hospital and the Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute. To improve human health in our community and beyond, a team of talented researchers and experienced, caring medical professionals are “translating” scientific discoveries into practical medical applications to address some of today’s biggest health issues — obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Adventist University of Health Sciences: Florida Hospital’s University
Adventist University of Health Sciences (ADU) specializes in the education of health care professionals. Serving the health care community of Central Florida since 1992, ADU’s online presence has students in nearly every state in the United States and in several countries around the world. The college offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees. And ADU prepares mission-oriented and clinically excellent health care leaders today — to face the global health care challenges of tomorrow.
Florida Hospital Nicholson Center
As one of the largest medical learning and simulation centers in the country, the Nicholson Center is home to facilities that include 60 surgical stations and auditorium space for up to 700 clinical learners. These facilities feature state-of-the-art surgical suites, labs and audio-visual- integrated education centers that can accommodate approximately 20,000 clinical learners annually. In addition, both Nicholson Center facilities are located onsite at two highly successful Florida Hospital campuses. Through collaboration with world-renowned physicians and the operation of leading-edge research and training centers, the Nicholson Center has developed detailed insight into the latest medical technologies and how to leverage them in a health care environment.