The Skill to Heal. The Spirit to Care.
The things that make Florida Hospital different are making a big difference in the lives of our patients.
See how with our story infographic or watch our video
Florida Hospital is one of the country’s largest not-for-profit health care providers with 22 campuses serving communities throughout Florida. Being a not for profit hospital means we are here for something much more important: you. For more than 100 years, we have been profoundly committed to those who seek our care. We’ve become known the world over for the expert, compassionate, individualized attention given to the millions who have already passed through our doors, and the million plus patients who visit us each year.
Since 1908, our commitment to providing unsurpassed health and wellness services has expanded to meet the increasing needs of our ever-growing population. As we’ve adapted with the changing times, our mission has remained a constant—to extend the healing ministry of Christ. Our heritage of whole person health—achieving wellness of the mind, body and spirit for our patients—is of paramount importance to each member of our exceptionally talented clinical staff.
As we look to the future of health care, we continue to grow and evolve. We believe that a hospital should be as focused on treating injury and illness as it is to helping people avoid the need for treatment completely. With initiatives like CREATION Health, we are cultivating community-wide movements toward adopting healthier lifestyles for greater longevity. And development of Health Village, our 172-acre mixed use planned community, will provide an immersive environment rich in resources that encourage whole-person health.
Just as profound as what is happening beyond our doors is what can be found within. World class services in cancer, orthopaedics, gynecology, cardiac, rehab, pediatric medicine and more; brilliant clinicians and researchers; treatments and technologies found nowhere else in the region; and a one-of-a-kind surgical training facility preparing the next generation of doctors.
We invite you to discover more about Florida Hospital’s award winning services and the 22 distinct campuses within our network of care.
Current Facts and Statistics
Florida Hospital, a 2,247-bed acute-care medical facility, is a member of Adventist Health System. We serve as a community hospital for Greater Orlando and as a major tertiary referral hospital for Central Florida and much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and Latin America. Adventist Health System operates 44 hospitals in ten states making it the largest not-for-profit protestant health care system in the United States. Our annual statistics include:
- Treats more patients than any other hospital in the US
- Largest Family Medicine Residency in Florida
- Treats more cardiology, neurology and vascular surgery inpatients than any other nationally recognized hospital
- Treats more cancer patients than any hospital in Florida
- Serves more patients each year than any hospital in Florida
- Number of inpatients: 122,729
- Number of outpatients: 500,320
- Number of emergency cases: 407,439
- Number of new born deliveries: 9,232
- Number of surgeries: 64,552
- Number of licensed beds: 2,675
- Number of critical care beds (Includes ICU, CCU, CVICU, PCU, PICU, NICU): 1,329
- Number of staff physicians: 2,230
- Number of employees: 33,000
- Number of walk-in medical facilities: 21
- Number of Centra Care visits: 336,383
- Number of outpatient rehabilitation and imaging facilities: 16
- Number of auxilians: 3,000
- Number of foundation volunteers: 240