- Methods to reduce heart and lung injury following the surgery
- Use of ultrasound to monitor the repair
- Measures to avoid a hernia at the incision after open repair
- Prevention of leaks following endovascular surgery
- Comparisons of various imaging systems in detection of leaks after surgery
- Medications to prevent complications from the surgery
- Delivery systems for stents
- Refining grafting techniques
- Best practices for treating a ruptured aneurysm
- Testing different graft materials
- Imaging technology used to guide stent placement in endovascular repair
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
Research and Clinical Trials for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
Research of abdominal aortic aneurysm repair seeks to improve surgical procedures, reduce the potential for injury to other organs, and speed recovery.
Clinical trials on abdominal aortic aneurysm repair investigate a number of related factors that include:
Clinical trials open the door to alternative treatments and new treatment options. Individuals with unique or particularly difficult health conditions may benefit from participating in a clinical trial. Interested people may contact Florida Hospital for more information.